Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Entry the sixteenth: In which I need to get some work done on various projects so I can write about them

But in the meantime, check out this article. It's hard to choose my favorite sentence, but "the shop manager said people need to be aware not to put spiders in bags" is a strong contender.

I love the dry tone of BBC news. I'd say it's second to none, but the New York Times is pretty fabulous, too. My favorite is when they're reporting on a celebrity with a name like Snoop Dogg. They'll use the whole name the first time, but subsequently refer to him as "Mr. Dogg."

1 Comments:

At October 10, 2006 1:08 PM, Blogger Sarah S. said...

Speaking of British tones, I was recently spammed by Fortnum & Mason (OK, I had put myself on their mailing list), purveyors of tea and snobbery. Really, you should check this out:

http://www.fortnumandmason.com/shopping/fortnums/products/default.aspx?category=FortnumsClassics&product=015948&view=product&page=1
http://www.fortnumandmason.com/about/projectpiccadilly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home