Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Entry the tenth: In which the tomato gets insolent


My friend Sonia has a Square Foot Garden in New Hampshire. Isn't it cool? I'm hoping she'll send me updates as everything (except, presumably, the cat) gets bigger.

I, on the other hand, have Just About Had It with my tomato plant. I know, I know, it needs to be in a bigger pot... but does it have to get so wilty and sullen if it doesn't get watered every 15 minutes? It's has an awful lot of attitude for a vegetable, is all I'm saying. Until it behaves (or the tomatoes ripen), it does not get a photo. That will show it.



The cucmbers, which remain relatively sedate, get two pictures today. The first is a still life with lemon and Japanese cucumbers in front of another wonderful canning resource and the second is a picture of the same cucumbers in situ, plus a small brown cat* for scale purposes.


*Said cat was not entirely thrilled to be included in this documentation project.

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2006 3:44 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Having a laugh at Sylvie being used as a measurement tool. "This cuke is 1.5 Sylvies long! Can you BELIEVE it? You must have some serious fertilizer!"

 
At July 12, 2006 9:43 AM, Blogger Earin Marybird said...

Posting to blogs is most acceptable! I know, I too wonder, "is this done?" I think it's the female training thing.

I love cats with a passion AND cukes/pickles. My fridge is stuffed with olives, pickles, homemade pickled garlic - you name it. I haven't been that thrilled with my recipe for regular pickles so please share with me! I just ordered special pickling spices from Penzeys and I have lots of English cukes looking for jars to call their own.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home