Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Entry the third: In which I am nervous


It is downright unnerving to walk into the bedroom and find both cats crouched next to the wardrobe and starting attentively at the same spot just underneath. What are they so interested in? A dusty, sweater-munching moth? A shiny skittery roach from outside? A fly? A spider? Oh please, please let it be a spider. I don't have problems with spiders unless they show up in alarming places without warning me ahead of time. ("Dear large mammal who shares our space, I plan to hide behind the picture over your bed and then zip out and run madly across the wall as soon as you turn on the light. Just wanted to give you a heads-up so you won't shriek and embarrass yourself. This time. Cordially, the black wolf spider under the bed.")

I'm going to turn off the light so I won't be able to see the vigil anymore. The cats will still be able to see just fine. My hope is that by the time I wake up, they will have eaten whoever was seeking sanctuary under the wardrobe and I won't ever have to know what it was.

I don't have a picture of the cats hunting bugs in the bedroom so I am including one that shows their avid interest in the bugs outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home