Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Entry the fourth: In which my garden grows

It's begun. I have entered the period in my life (or at least in my life this summer) in which I must foist produce on friends and family or become overwhelmed. And the tomatoes aren't even ripe yet!

Here are the cucumber seedlings on May 11th. Aren't they adorable? So little. So innocent. Well that was then and this is now.

Or rather, this is June 18th, the day I took the most recent pictures.
From left to right you can see a just-about-perfect-for-picking pickling cucumber, another pickling cucumber, and finally what-I-thought-was-just-right-for-picking-but-boy-was-I-wrong-because-this-cuke-is-a-mere-infant Japanese cucumber. I realize I should have a picture of the entire plant(s) for scale, but I didn't take one. I'll take one tomorrow, I promise. But be warned: tomorrow's picture will feature a fully grown Japanese cucumber, and they are Large. I'd take one right now and add it to this post, but it's after 1:00 AM and I think taking flash pictures of outdoor plants in the dark would be Silly. So.

Here's one more June 18th picture, included because I think it's pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home