Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Entry the twenty-seventh: Oops

A few friends came over to make rubber stamps tonight and I forgot to take pictures. Ack! You'll just have to take my word for it when I tell you they created nifty things. Since I have no evidence from tonight, I'm cheating and showing off some of my own stuff.



A little explanation: I decorate the labels for my canned goodies (and the recipe cards above and below), but I'm not crazy about using prefab stamps. It sort of feels like cheating to make a design and then call it my own work. My homemade stamps are a bit clunky compared to the ones from the pros, but I like them nonetheless. I wanted to share this doable-even-for-beginners craft with others... but I'm a dork and I forgot to take pictures.

Here are some of my homemade stamps with the cards.



My wonderfully talented (and patient!) friends made a candy cane/heart arrangement, a flower with separate stampable leaves, a paw print, and a supercool pumpkin with two optional jack o' lantern faces and a leggy spider on the opposite side. (The stamping material is thick enough to carve one stamp on each side and four more around the edges.)

One more shot of some of my favorite cards. And a promise: next time I'll remember to take pictures!

1 Comments:

At November 21, 2006 10:07 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

VERY cool!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home