Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Entry the twenty-fourth: In which I am gratified

If you read yesterday's post, you know what I did as soon as I was fully conscious this morning: run next door for stenciled onesies. (I might have put on my glasses and pet the cat a couple times before that, but that's it. Oh, and I took a vitamin. Vitamins are important.) After carefully pulling off all the stencils, I was quite pleased with the results. Mostly.

Here's the line up. The two at the top left (cheese and an unfinished sun) are still on the first stage. I will add another stencil and some paint today.



The pink mouse on the yellow cheese came out nicely. He still needs an eye.



And I love the sun and moon.



The navy onesie was a pain because it required three layers of paint, but I can't complain about the results. Maybe it's worth the extra trouble after all.

This is the only piece I'm not thrilled with.



Turns out the soft flannel-ish texture of these navy overalls doesn't play well with fabric paint. You can see that the paint leaked under the stencil in a few places. I might try daubing a little yellow paint on one of the "spills" to see if I can hide it. The other problem is the placement of the mouse on the cheese. I could have done a better job with that.

Overall, however, I'm quite pleased. I think these will be well received. Yay!

4 Comments:

At November 09, 2006 3:30 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

These are so cute I can hardly stand it. I'm SO GLAD you decided to try this technique!!!!!

 
At November 10, 2006 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are way, way cool!

For the one with the leakage...
maybe you should try washing it?
That might even stuff out a bit.

These are SO CUTE.

 
At November 12, 2006 10:14 PM, Blogger Elinoire said...

Hey! I got my first Spam Comment. Neat. :-\ (It's been deleted.)

You non-spammers are super sweet. :-)

 
At November 14, 2006 8:36 AM, Blogger Sarah S. said...

Those look great! I'm sure she'll love them. And while "100% Organic" would have been funny, I think she'll like the other designs just as much and all those letters would have been a BIG pain.

All your designs look very "Ellie" to me, and I'm sure they will to her too. Which is a plus. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home