Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Entry the forty-sixth: Dark red is my best friend, color-wise

Holy cow! Look at what Valerie made me for Christmas!



It's the thing being being modeled by a small brown cat. For scale purposes, naturally, but also because I tweaked a bunch of muscles in my back/neck/shoulder/upper torso (so I never took anatomy and I don't really know what's connected to what or where things begin and end -- sue me) so by the time I got home last night I was sore enough to not want to reach back and put a shawl on. Yes, I know that's pathetic. Not to mention ungrateful.

The shawl (that's what it is: a handknit lace shawl) is absolutely gorgeous and soft and delicate and made of pretty much the bestest colored yarn EVER and she knit it for me, me, ME so I am very happy. And smug. In case you haven't noticed. And I will take a nicer photograph of it very soon and post it so you can all be jealous.

I can't get over the workmanship. It really is just an amazingly lovely thing. I am really lucky. :-)

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 08, 2007 10:03 PM, Blogger Earin Marybird said...

I am already jealous! What a wonderful color. Are you sure the small brown, for scale cat will give it up? I'm sorry to hear about your "twanged" muscles. Heal up - hot baths, small cat around the neck, and soothing beverages.

 
At January 09, 2007 10:35 AM, Blogger karenalienated said...

So Pretty !
and the shawl is beautiful too!

meow

 
At January 10, 2007 6:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just from that picture, you can see how great it is. And that's a fantabulous color. Nice!

How'd you hurt your neck, etc.? Did you start working out again? I'm still trying to get started on that resolution....

- Sandy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home