Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Entry the fortieth: In which I continue to do stuff that isn't work-related *or* The Resentful Doughnut – a holiday fable

Mr. Elinoire (via Instant Messaging): I got spam where the title is "resentful" and the first line is "doughnut". Sounds like a weird short story.

Elinoire: Once upon a time there was a donut. He was one of those plain, cake doughnuts that some adults like but most kids pass over in favor of the ones with rainbow sprinkles. The plain cake doughnut did not think that was fair. He was just as good -- No, better! -- than any of those decked out razzle dazzle sprinkled doughnuts. The cake doughnut's beauty was more than just skin deep. A customer came to the doughnut's store and decided to buy a dozen. He carefully chose the prettiest and yummiest of them and then, when the sales clerk said that he could have an extra to make it a "baker's dozen," the customer pointed to the cake doughnut and said "I might as well take that boring one. Someone might want it." The cake doughnut was placed at the bottom of the box and by the time it was opened by the customer and the customer's friends, the cake doughnut was squished. No one ate it.

The end.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 18, 2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

You could turn this into a surrealist classic if you changed "the cake doughnut was squished" to "the cake doughnut was transformed into a giraffe" and leave everything else as it is...

But I digress.

 
At December 20, 2006 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that Valerie! And it's true, I bet no one would eat it in giraffe form.

-S

 
At May 01, 2007 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love it! :D
It made me laugh really hard, even it's a really really sad story.. oh well..

..oh and: Nice blog! (Nice is boring. Let's try again.) Funny blog! And your drawings are still elinor-esque. (oh No?! Really?!) Remembers me of my childhood. Aww.

Sophie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home