Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Monday, December 11, 2006

Entry the thirty-fifth: In which I am really, really tired

I still have cookies waiting to be iced. Hmph. This after two days of diligent work. I really did make a lot of dough this year -- I shouldn't be as surprised as I am that this process is taking friggin' FOREVER.

No pictures from yesterdays bake-a-thon with tyee and her lovely babbling (in a good way) daughter, but I took a few tonight.

The production line: I like to work on several cookies at a time; this year I wised up and started using a lazy susan.



An hour or two later...



And, finally, the aftermath.



Did I mention I'm not done yet? AAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

(The aforementioned tyee gave me the idea for both the hula girls and the light-swagged & Christmas-treed houses. Thanks tyee!)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At December 11, 2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

These are so fabulous I can hardly stand it. *GO YOU*!!!! It's edible art!

[I finally had a batch of cookies, and then a loaf of Amy Boogie's whole wheat cranberry Irish soda bread, turn out beautifully yesterday. So perhaps my mojo will return... meanwhile, I have many Tupperwaresful of undercooked glop. Ugh.]

 
At December 11, 2006 4:48 PM, Blogger Elinoire said...

Um... do you really need to save the undercooked glop in hermetically sealed containers? Just wondering.

Yay for the bread and (successful) cookies! It's a drag to have batch after batch of near-misses. Welcome back, Valerie's mojo. You were missed.

 
At December 17, 2006 8:43 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Wow, the hula girls look amazing. I don't think I'm going to get anything cooked this season. We'll see...

 
At December 21, 2006 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am starting round 2 of baking tonight, but have no hula girl ambitions...those are beautiful!

Editrice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home