Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

I am crying over here, people

But it's crying in a good way. That's what happens when I read Overheard in the Office when I'm tired and punchy.

12PM Back Up -- the Direction of the Earth's Axis?

Supervisor: We can't say 'Summer Solutions' on this brochure, because it might confuse people in California because it's summer all the time there. Any ideas of how to reword this?
Staffer: It's not summer all the time in California. It's summer during summer time.
Supervisor: But it's warm all year round, so how do they know it's summer? We need a way to explain that these things are only intended for the summer.
Staffer: But they still know what summer is, even if it's still warm during the other seasons.
Supervisor: I'm not sure about that...
Staffer: Summer isn't about temperature, it's about the direction of Earth's axis. Summer is always in June, July, and August. It always starts with the solstice in June.
Supervisor: I don't know anything about solstices and all that. Let's just reword this.
Staffer: But California still has a summer. I'm telling you, they know what summer is.
Supervisor: I don't know. They might get confused.
Staffer: Confused about what?
Supervisor: Confused about when summer is. Like, it's summer right now, 'cause it's been warm lately.
Staffer: No... April is in the spring.

Delaware

Overheard by: rofl in cube next door


via Overheard in the Office, Jun 13, 2007

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 7:34 AM, Blogger karenalienated said...

I'm in ur blog putting captions on ur kitteh:

Laundry cat is not amused.

Oh Hai, I was about to fold these

I is in ur towels stealing ur warmies

No tickie, no laundry

Look at my ears, lady, there's a monster RIGHT BEHIND YOU

 
At June 22, 2007 7:39 AM, Blogger karenalienated said...

Oops, this was meant for the cupcake entry. (btw MMM!)

 
At June 28, 2007 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The office is always the BEST place for little snip-its of life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home