Too Snarky For Her Own Good

All about stuff I feel like writing about. Or not. Sometimes I waffle.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

That's MISS Snottybottom to you, buddy

My friend Sandy (AKA Crabbygloom Rottenshorts, but only (let's hope) seasonally) sent me this link so I could find my Grinch Name. You may address me as Woefulwhiner Snottybottom,* thank you very much.

(I think the last name is funny but I worry that the first is a little too close to home.)

In other news, here's a picture of a relatively new installation at the Getty Center in LA. It's a reproduction of one of my favorite pieces of theirs -- a watercolor of a stag beetle by Albrecht Dürer.

Man, that bug looks pithed!

The original work is maybe as big as your hand, but if you use the top of Mr Elinoire's Mr Snottybottom's wee little head at the bottom of the picture for scale purposes,** you will note the reproduction is much, much larger. Plus there's the addition of the mounting pin. That's a recent addition is what that is.

(I am not a huge fan of insects when they're up close and personal, but I am all about seeing them in art.)

In holiday baking news, I baked several batches of gingerbread cookies last weekend in my parents' kitchen, and the plan for this weekend is to join Tyee at her house and ice cookies like a madwoman while she starts her holiday baking. Wish us luck! Hopefully by Sunday I'll have pictures. Or a wicked sugar hangover. Or both!

* But only via this blog. And please stop after the end of December.
** Sorry, the small brown cat did not volunteer to join us at the museum in order to be on hand for scale purposes or any other reason.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At December 07, 2007 9:39 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said...

Wow. I am, apparently, "Frownygrinch Crankypants." All too accurate.

Good luck indeed with the frenetic baking! All I will likely bake this weekend is a birthday cake for Rob, but hopefully I'll catch up next weekend. I miss my own baking ;-)

 
At December 08, 2007 5:01 PM, Blogger karenalienated said...

Carl: "It's behind me, isn't it??!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home